Friday, June 27, 2014

I'm in Seattle...

My two flights today were all delayed, but no major issues.  When I went to pick up my checked baggage (one large bag), it never showed up on the carousel.  The folks with "lost baggage" were right next to the carousel, and I gave them my claim check.  It's amazing, but my luggage got to Seattle before I did.  She located it in storage, and I was off to the hotel.

My cab driver  is a Sikh, and, of course, our Governor is, too.  That was something to talk about as he drove me to my hotel.  The guy was so nice, and there was a great view of the city as we made our way downtown.  The sky was so clear.  My hotel is right around the corner from the the Space Needle.

I did get some good news prior to my departure for the airport:  I've been upgraded to a Neptune Suite on the trip with Holland America. It comes with lots of amenities (free laundry and butler service and a very large room).

I'm tired, and I think I'll turn in for the evening.