Friday, March 30, 2012

Flight from the Atlanta to Frankfurt, Germany


The first leg of the journey to get to Venice went well.  I’m sitting in the Frankfurt Airport using the free public Wi-Fi to make this entry.

I sat beside a lady from Switzerland on the flight over.  She had spent a month in Mississippi and Alabama with some friends.  We had a nice conversation.

Switzerland has three official languages.  If you live in the north you speak German, the southern region is Italian, and the west is French.  She was from western Switzerland near the French border, and she spoke French (thank goodness her English was excellent).  Her month in Alabama and Mississippi prepared her for my southern accent.

Flying Lufthansa is very different (especially if you enjoy “adult beverages”).  My flight was arranged with Continental which merged with United who shares European routes with Lufthansa.  Lufthansa starts the flight with cocktails (and that’s in economy).  The service was excellent, and after the meal they also serve coffee and then offer you cognac as a nightcap.

Well, my flight to Venice is booked and they are making a few announcements (German, Italian, and English).  I'll end my post here.