Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cruise Day 1: Leaving Stockholm

Cruise Day 1:  Leaving Stockholm

Well, I got to the ship around noon.  I had lunch becomes rooms opened at 1 PM for guests. 

Stockholm is interesting because of the length of the day (it’s latitude is close to the Arctic Circle).  Sunrise is at 3:30 AM and sunset is at 10:00 PM.  So, there’s only about 5.5 hours of darkness.  It’s interesting because the streets are alive in Stockholm at 3:30 AM which people out and about in the streets. 

I’ve met lots of folks from the US in getting here.  Some are from Florida.  I’ve met a few from New Jersey.  I’m sure I’ll meet more as the tour progresses.

There’s six hours time difference from South Carolina to Stockholm.  We have to move our clocks up another hour this evening as the ship enters Finland.  Finnish time is seven hours ahead of SC. 

The Baltic Sea area is beautiful.


Sunday, June 30, started out a little overcast, but it was beautiful by the time we set sail from Stockholm, Sweden.

Boats approached the ship as it exited for the  archipelago to the enter the Baltic Sea.

The boaters would yell and wave as we left Stockholm.