Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 1 - Summer Tour - Stockholm, Sweden

Well, I've arrived in Stockholm, Sweden.  Everyone has been extremely friendly, and almost everyone speaks English, too.

The bellman gave me excellent directions to walk to "Old Town."  Someone important was at the Parliament building as I walked by, but I'm not up on Swedish politics.

I had dinner (it was 4 PM, but 10 PM according to my body) at a Swedish-Italian restaurant.  The food was great, as was the local wine.

Here are few pictures from my day.  I plan to crash in a few minutes.

Walking and biking are the mode of transportation in Old Town.

Statues are everywhere, and this one is outside of the theatre where the Nobel Prizes are awarded.

Locks of love... There's a bridge where they do this in Paris, too.  

Hey, I saw Pippi Longstocking.

It's truly a pedestrian city.

Harbor view from Old Town.

The gates of Old Town and the Parliament.

It was a beautiful day in Sweden.  

The police were in full force to guard some politician outside of the Parliament.