Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Rockin’ and Rollin’ in the Azores

Yesterday (Tuesday) was beautiful, but the waves were a little rocky as the ship made its way to the Azores.  By lunchtime, the captain came on the intercom for his daily announcements.  He shared with us that a “depression” would make it necessary to modify our itinerary.  We would spend two days in Ponta Delgada (a sheltered harbor) instead of one, and we would not go to Horta (a tender port) due to this depression and potential rough seas.  This change would help us miss the brunt of the storm.
 
 
We’ve arrived in Porta Delgada, but we were rockin’ and rollin’ until we docked.  No rain, but it’s supposed to be partly cloudy today.  I hope the rain holds off until I complete my final tour today.
 
 
P.S.  My Blogger site is in Arabic.  I guess it thinks I’m in Algeria or something.  It really is difficult to determine which button to click.  Also, text is right to left.  My periods seem to be at the beginning of some lines for the final sentence of each paragraph .

A few photos of our arrival in Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal.