Monday, April 27, 2015

The gifts continue from HAL…

Last night was a great formal night with a Mariner Society (HAL’s loyalty program) recognition program.  I’m at the first level (100 days) and received a bronze medallion in my stateroom.  Of course everyone on the around the world cruise is at the Bronze Level.  There were, however, some platinum folks who have more than 2000 days at sea.  A few more gold members were recognized (I believe it at the 1000 day level), too.   I think these folks must live on HAL cruises, and have lots of discretionary money!

The gifts from HAL continued.  We received an expensive Steiff Teddy Bear last week, and last night we received a commemorative plate made by the Dutch ceramics company Royal Goedewaagen (which has been around since 1610).  I toured their factory on a tour I took to Amsterdam several years ago and saw them make the distinctive blue pottery (Delf?).
I do appreciate the gifts we’ve received, but I hope it has now ended … I need to pack!  At least one of the gifts was a suitcase.

Hey, I think bronze will be my highest level in the medallion program at HAL.

The Royal Goedewaagen commemorative plate contains our route around the world.