Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A beautiful Tuesday in Bermuda…

It’s a beautiful day today.  It’s the typical weather for Bermuda in May:  hot and a little humid.  I took my morning walk through the downtown.  Tomorrow is a national holiday.  I’ll share more about “Bermuda Day” tomorrow.

I am taking a ride on a catamaran with a beach break after lunch.  I hope the weather continues to be good for this outing.

A view of the area I explored for my walk this morning.  My four mile trek took in many of the sites of Bermuda's capital.

The countdown to the Americaq's Cup.  It begins this Friday.

A view of the pulpit of the Anglican Cathedral of Bermuda.

An exterior shot of the large stone cathedral.
Here's a shot of the Bermuda Assembly House.



A statue of Sarah "Sally" Bassett on the assembly grounds.  I need to Google her to find out more.  It doesn't look so good for her based on this rendering.

Another shot of the Assembly House.

This is the memorial to Bermudians who died in World War I and II.  The orb is actually spinning from running water.
The Cabinet building is under remodeling.  It looks like the outside is complete.



The biggest industry in Bermuda is "reinsurance."  Reinsurance is the insurance that insurance companies get to cover themselves.  This is the headquarters of the Chubb Group.