Saturday, May 20, 2017

Setting sail from Boston…

I’m on board the ms Veendam.  I’ve had lunch, unpacked my suitcases, and patiently awaiting our emergency drill.  The ship sets sail around 4pm. 

The Boston Cruiseport has a great view of the Boston skyline, and the ship sets sail with a clear view of the landing planes at Boston’s Logan Airport.


It’s a beautiful day (cooler than yesterday), and I’m hopeful that foreshadows the upcoming week of weather in the Atlantic.

My luggage successfully made it from the dock to my room in record time.

Boston has an impressive skyline visible from the observation deck on my ship.


An announcement was just made that smokers can light up in designated outside areas; the fuel barge just filled us up and is on its way.

Another shot of the Boston skyline from the deck of the ms Veendam.