Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Touring and Afternoon Tea in Quebec City


I spent the day doing a tour of Old Quebec which ended with a tea as the Chateau Frontenac.  It was a small group (9 which included the guide).  I had previously taken this walking tour, and I didn’t take many photos.  The streets were crowded, so I couldn’t get good shots of the various buildings and street scenes.  


Here are a few of the ones I did take prior to the afternoon tea.

I like this view.  You see the lower town, the Chateaux (upper left) and the funicular that takes you from lower to upper city.

Add caption

Every walking tour pauses at this mural on the side of a building.  It has many messages regarding Quebec and its people.


The last time I was here in 2015, Louis XIV wasn't in a snow globe.  This is a temporary art exhibit using the statue.

Street performers are everywhere.  These guys were really good singing in French!

The side view of the Chateau is not as impressive as the one taken from the cliffside. 

The view from the top.  It's a view of the St. Lawrence River which narrows at Quebec City.  Historically this was great:  (1) protection from enemy ships; and (2) tax collectors watched for fur and other traders to make sure each paid the required taxes.

The Earle Grey tea was delicious with the pastries.

Oh, no!  The vacation is almost over.  There's dinner tonight and then packing.  Tomorrow I disembark and then go to a hotel near the airport.  While I only had one flight to begin the tour, it takes three flights to get back home on Thursday (Quebec -Toronto - Atlanta - Columbia).

☹The dreaded activity of packing to return home:  I think I'll start this after dinner tonight.  It will, however, be good to get home!