Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Ville de Québec


It’s a beautiful day in Quebec City.  I was last here in 2015, and the ship docked in front of the Chateau Frontenac.  At this position you would see the towering hotel and the funicular providing an easy connection between the lower and upper city.  


I’ll get a better view later this afternoon.  I’m taking a walking tour of the upper city (the Old City) and participating in a tea at Chateau Frontenac.  

I took these photos this morning from the observation deck of the ship.




It looks like this Royal Caribbean Ship got the best spot to dock (and for viewing the Chateau Frontenac).

You can see the Chateau on the hill, but it's obstructed by the surrounding buildings.



Here's a better shot of the Chateau Frontenac from my 2015 blog on Quebec City.  I took this from the observation deck of the Maasdam. There was a beautiful view of the hotel from the deck of the ship.