Friday, September 21, 2018

I have a couple of extended land trips on this journey in Asia...


I have two extended overland trips while on this voyage.  After a tour of Beijing on the second day of the visit, I will be traveling for four days.  The first stop will be to visit the Temple of Heaven and the Great Wall of China.  I will then take a flight to Xi’an to visit the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda and the Terracotta Warriors Museum.  On the fourth day I will fly to Shanghai for a tour of Yu Yuan Garden and Old Town Shanghai before rejoining the ship at the pier. 


The second extended tour required an additional visa to Cambodia.  Getting the visa to Cambodia was really easy (an e-Visa that you apply for and receive online).  After a visit to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) and sights, I will fly to Siem Reap, Cambodia.  On the second day I will spend the day at Angkor Wat.  This is the largest temple/religious monument in the world.   The trip includes both a sunset and a sunrise the following day at the temple.  Several other temples and sites will be visited before a flight to Singapore to rejoin the ship.