Saturday, September 28, 2019

Bon Voyage New York City...


It was a beautiful and sunny day at the NY Cruise Terminal.  It was warm, but a little windy when we departed around 8 pm.  

Here are a few of my shots as we left the terminal on the Hudson (this is where Sully captained that USAir flight for a water landing), and the sun had set.  Everything was beautiful to the eye, but not so clear for the camera.

My videos were a little better than most of the photos.

Because of my Mariner status, I was on the ship and unpacked by noon for the 8pm departure.  Here are a few shots from the ship of the surrounding area.

I wonder what the rent or mortgage would be on some of these homes overlooking the Hudson River.

It was dark by the time we exited the port.  I was hopeful my photos would be clear.  

You
The Empire State Building was partially blocked by other high rise buildings from the ship's terminal.

Soon you could see the Empire State Building with it's twinkling lights as the ship reached the channel.

The art deco style of the Chrysler Building can be seen with its distinctive top.

I moved to the other side of the ship to take shots of Lady Liberty on the New Jersey side of the Hudson.

I wasn't able to see the Freedom Tower since I was on the NJ side.  However, the view of Lady Liberty was worth it!

The view of Lower Manhattan as the ship entered the Atlantic.  You can see the Freedom Tower which is 1776 feet tall.  Those streaks in the sky aren't UFOs; planes coming into the three local airports were everywhere and visible at night.