Thursday, September 26, 2019

I'm in New York City...

I was able to reach NYC this afternoon. It took longer to navigate traffic in NYC than the non-stop flight from Columbia.

The UN is in session, so the driver avoided Midtown in order to reach my hotel in Hell's Kitchen near the port on the Hudson. I saw parts of Harlem and the Columbia University campus on this scenic route. We finally made it to the port area which is about two blocks from my hotel.

I had time to check in, and then head out and walk the four blocks to get dinner and see a play. I wanted to see Hamilton (tickets were available from ticket brokers for $400 - $500), so I decided to be a little more frugal and see "The Book of Mormon" one more time ($100). I saw the "Book of Mormon" with the original cast many years ago, and I must say the current cast is as good as the original show.

I'll be off midday tomorrow to board the MS Zuiderdam. The weather forecast is for sunny skies.


I walked up to the Times Square Area for dinner and to see a play.  It's been a couple of years since I've visited NYC.

It was rainy when I arrived, but the sun came out at showtime.

The stage before the performance.