Monday, January 5, 2015

Bon Voyage...

I'm aboard the ship, and I've unpacked two of my four suitcases (those checked today will be delivered later). It's a beautiful ship. We'll soon be doing our emergency drill and then setting sail.

It's an interesting mix of folks. It seems that this cruise on the ms Amsterdam is addictive to folks. I've met a couple from California who've done the world voyage on this ship five times. I met another couple, while waiting in line, that will be completing their ninth journey (the husband said they were planning to do it until they ran out of money).  Many of the folks consider this voyage a reunion that helps them stay in touch with folks they've met on previous cruises.

Here are a few shots I took prior to our departure.

The view from the ship.  That's Nova Southeastern's Oceanographic Institute.

The view from the back of the boat.  

Here's the astrolabe that spans several floors of the main traffic areas that was commissioned for the ship.