Sunday, January 18, 2015

The sea day routine...

The Pacific has lived up to its name:  The travel across the Pacific to French Polynesia has been with sunny skies and peaceful seas. 

Everyone on the ship seems to have developed a sea day routine.  I walk five miles (almost 11,000 steps each morning before breakfast), attend a minimum of two of the daily lectures, read, and eat.  This ship has a great library with a full time librarian to help you select materials from their extensive collection.  Of course, I’m using my trusty Kindle Paperwhite reader for my books. 

Here are a few shots I took today.  While I was taking the shots, they announced that NFL games would be aired live in the theater for all sports fans. 

I don’t plan on posting again until January 22 when we reach Nuku Hiva in order to save some of my time on the internet (which is expensive on the ship).

A view of the port side of the ship on this beautiful Sunday afternoon.

... and the view from the starboard side of the ship.  

The pool at the rear of the ship is popular, but most folks use the pool midship because it is somewhat sheltered from the sun.

There's art all over the ship.

I begin my day by walking on the lower promenade deck (Deck 3), but finish my routine on the Sports Deck (Deck 9).

I don't count laps, but let my Fitbit One count my steps and flights of stairs.

Here's a view of the multi-floored lobby on the ms Amsterdam.

The ship has two florists, and they seem to be busy with new and different creations with cut flowers.

Today's Sunday Brunch had a Polynesian theme.

The ship has a large library and a full time librarian on duty to help folks select reading material.