Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sunday in Bar Harbor, Maine

It was a little dreary during the time in Bar Harbor this morning.  It's a tender port, and I took this as I got off the boat.

I took a trip to the Acadia National Forest and up to the top of Mt. Cadillac.  Unfortunately it was foggy so I didn't get the spectacular view of Frenchman Bay.  The best photo shot was of the tour guide's map of the island.

A little sailing on the four-masted ship, Margaret Todd, was next on the agenda.

We got a lesson in how to raise the sails on this ship.

The captain of the ship navigated the bay with lessons for us on sailing and fishing.

This is a busy time of year for those emptying the lobster traps in Frenchman Bay.

Despite the overcast skies and threat of rain, some on our ship took kayaks to explore Bar Harbor and Frenchman Bay.

The ship to the left of the pier is an original lobster fishing vessel.  That's the Margaret Todd in the background.

Based on the advice of the guide, I had lunch at Galyn's.  I didn't have lobster, but the crab was delicious.