Monday, August 23, 2021

“DON’T FALL INTO THE CANYON!”

Before getting off the train, the guides kept reminding us: “Please don’t fall into the canyon.”  I took this short video to show how that warning should be heeded by South Rim visitors.  You’ll note I show the rim, and you’ll see my shadow right on the rim trail edge.


I picked the best time of year to come to the Canyon.  There are few people here.  The staff member said that this was the lightest she had ever seen.  It was beautiful, but a little windy (note my flying lens cap on the second video).  No chance of me blowing over the ledge!  The temperature was warm, but as they say a "dry heat" is not so bad.  The only thing still bothering me was the altitude which is about 7000 ft. above sea level.  So, I say I got lucky with may day of viewing the Grand Canyon South Rim.