Friday, January 13, 2017

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas


Holland America Lines has its own island in the Bahamas for day visits.  I was signed up to do the “Aquatrax” or a personal watercraft.  There were four of us on each Jet Ski, and two guides front and rear, as we traveled at high speed (41 mph) along the picturesque shoreline.  The four folks on the Jet Skis followed in single-line progression because of rocks, reefs, and sand spits.  It was great fun on the ski followed by a barbeque on the beach.

Rough seas delayed the arrival of the ship by two hours to Half Moon Cay which is part of the Bahamas.


I had signed up for a jet ski excursion so I was off to find the meeting location.

The jet skis were waiting on the four folks in my group.

Our tour leader took this picture of me as we were waiting for instructions on the operation of the water vehicle.

Our group takes off.  We spent time in the saltwater lake, and then we ventured out into the rough waves of the Caribbean.

Hey, I didn't fall off, but my hat was soon "gone with the wind."

Four jet skis took the tour and four made it back.


Back to the beach and to the noontime barbeque lunch.

It's time to make my way back to the ship.  I just can't take as much sun  and heat as a soon to be sixty year old.

I took this from the 10th floor  of the ship.  You can see Half-Moon Cay.  The body of water with the island is where I explored the water by jet ski.  Well, I will have three trips to this island during the cruise.  I'll be back on Sunday for time on the beach.