Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A catamaran ride to a beautiful cove…

The afternoon was spent riding on a catamaran.  We saw much of the same sites as yesterday, but it was sunny and warm.
 
Once the catamaran arrived at the secluded cove, the group went swimming, paddle boarding, and snorkeling for about two hours.  Once out of the water, the captain and his two assistants (all three were very young) served their traditional fresh baked cookies with lots of rum swizzles. 

Everyone who knows me knows that I’m clumsy.  My getting off the catamaran was eventful in that I fell in the netting and scraped my knee.  It was bad, but my skin is so thin that I bleed quite a bit.  They bandaged me up, and I was back on the ship. 


I was doing another beach trip tomorrow, but I canceled my excursion because of the scraped knee and my redness.  It will be nice to take it easy and observe the Bermuda Day activities tomorrow.  

The captain and his two lovely assistants are getting ready for the group's boarding.

I navigated that netting fine while boarding, but my attempt to exit at the end of the day wasn't so  graceful.

Beautiful homes were all along the route.  In addition to Michael Douglas, Ross Perot and Michael Bloomberg maintaiin residences here.

When the sails went up, we were sailing.  Don't get too close to those rocks!

Our captain said he was related to Michael Douglas.  Michael's actress mom was from Bermuda, and he has the same last name as Douglas' mom's maiden name.

We arrive at the cove for some water recreation.

Lots of caves can be found in Bermuda.

More multi-million dollar homes as the catamaran heads back to the ship for the day.

We didn't get a citation for going too fast from the local police.

Despite the cookie and rum swizzles, I'm happy to get back to the ship and get ready for dinner.  It was a good day despite my ungraceful exit from the catamaran.