Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Bermuda Day begins…

The folks had already lined the streets at 9AM when I started my morning walk.  So, I took a few shots.  I discovered they were waiting on the competing bicycle riders.  They were soon followed by runners in a half-marathon. 


As I completed by morning exercise, the bouncy houses were expanded and the food vendors were beginning to cook.  The parade is to be around 1 PM.  I’ll venture out to see these festivities and take a few photos.  

People claimed their spots along Front Street very early for the Bermuda Day activities.

I soon learned there was a reason for early arrival.

The police were blowing sirens, and by the time I got our my camera I was able to take a photo of the second group of bicycle racers.

Not far behind were the half-marathoners.

It seems the passengers on the ship have the best view of activities.  The smells of food prep is a nice aroma.

The bouncy activities can now begin for the kids!