Monday, March 5, 2018

A few of the criminals (critters) on Devil's Island, French Guiana

Here are a few of the "criminals/critters" I photographed on Devil's Island.

"I was imprisoned for being too good looking."

"Please don't hate me because I'm beautiful."

This is an agouti.They are related to guinea pigs and look quite similar, but are larger and have longer legs.

"Hey, I'm ready for my mug shot.  This side is better."

"I'm a 'lifer.'  No parole for me."

"I'm planning an escape, and I'm looking for the person with the keys to the tender off this island."

"I'm innocent.  I didn't steal any bananas.  I don't even like the way they taste."

"Well, they let me take care of my baby while I'm in this joint."

"I admitted to stealing this nut and got a year on this island."
 
"I'm a good cat.  I'm trying to get released early for good behavior.  I WILL NOT attack those birds."