Thursday, March 1, 2018

Boi Bumba Festival Show

The local performers put on about an hour and fifteen minute show.  It was non-stop.  The dancing, singing, and props never stopped.  I don't know how the singers were able to sing the story of the resurrected ox.

It was hard to get good shots because of the strobe lighting and the constant dancing.  I did, however, get some snippets of video. 

Here are a few of the photos that turned out okay.

The local boats are moving us back and forth between the town and the ship.

The local scouts are here (and along the walkway) to welcome us to Parintins, Brazil.

Vendors are outside the convention center with local items created with local materials.

Will I pull for the RED team?

Will I pull for the BLUE team?

A couple of the dancers pose before the show.

The story is nonstop.  I wish I understood Portuguese. 

These are miniature floats and props.  The real event takes place in a large stadium

The band and singers do not stop for over an hour.










The scouts are there to tell us goodbye as the passengers head back to the ship.