Saturday, January 20, 2018

San Antonio, Chile


The seas were a little rough last night.  Such motion is usually comforting, but last night it woke me up several times.  I didn’t have any ill effects from the motion of the ocean (no sea sickness).
We just arrived in San Antonio, Chile.  The weather is a little overcast, but it is early morning.  San Antonio is the port for Santiago (the capital) and Valparaiso.  I decided to take a tour of Valparaiso because it is supposed to offer great views of the bay. 



I better be off to the showroom to wait for my excursion to be called.
A few of my photos from our arrival:
 
The lighthouse on the hill as we enter the port.

The waves looked pretty spectacular along the coast.


It's a little overcast this morning.  I checked the weather and it's supposed to be partly cloudy (but no chance of rain)

The Norwegian Cruise Line ship got in first this morning.  It's being refueled.