Sunday, October 21, 2018

A day in Fukuoka, Japan

I’m still on the mend, and I want to be ready for my next excursion to the Great Wall of China on Wednesday.  So, I didn’t do any excursions today.  My only venture was to take a few photos of sailing into Fukuoka and to a local “family mart.” 

I will have to go through Japanese immigration tonight after dinner along with all of the passengers on the ship.  The ship moves to China next, but we’ll be back to Japan for a few more stops at the end of the month.



There's a Shinto gate, so there must be a shrine on this small island.


This area is a beach resort.




This is an interesting looking building right on the harbor.

I've never heard of "Peach" airlines, but it was one of many jets landing near the port.
 
The Amsterdam pulled into position around noon.

One of our neighbors in the port.

Interesting looking building.
I ventured ashore to this store.  It was a combination pharmacy, convenience store, and small electric appliance store