Friday, October 19, 2018

Kobe, Japan

I didn’t venture from the port today, but I took several photos as the ship docked. Kobe was virtually destroyed in 1995 by a major earthquake.  Over 6000 were killed and the quake left 300,000 homeless.  The city’s infrastructure was devastated, so the photos are mostly of buildings and bridges constructed in the last two decades. 

Kobe is the center of sake production and originated from Wagyu cattle.  It’s the home of lots of steakhouse restaurants.  I hope to sample some of the wagyu beef before leaving Japan.


This plane was taxing and the ms Amsterdam passed by the airport.

The city of Kobe has been rebuilt since a devastating earthquake in 1995.


Passing into the harbor from the ocean

I hope the fish are biting for these early morning fishermen.

I missed a photo of the fireboat shooting water as we got into position in the port.

The port side view from my cabin.

I would be afraid I would fall of this speeding boat.