Friday, August 26, 2022

Bar Harbor, Maine

Well, I went through the Customs and Immigration process at 8 am per the instructions on my letter from the Excursions Office.  I then reported to the Ocean Bar to wait for the tour group to tender to Bar Harbor.  I waited about an hour and a half.  They then announced it was raining, and we may want to go back to our staterooms to prepare for a walking tour in the rain.  I decided it was better to pack than to do a two-hour walking tour of the Bar Harbor of years past.  It would be time better spent packing this morning.  If the weather clears, I’ll go ashore later today.  I’m not disappointed because I’ve visited Bar Harbor a couple of times.  

We’ve been so lucky on this cruise with regard to the weather.  I cannot complain about the not-so-great weather on the final day of the cruise.  Now it is time to pack for tomorrow's disembarkation.  

Hey, that's Maine under the fog and mist of rain. As I write this, the fog horn on the ship is blaring.

One of the islands is visible from my verandah.  The clouds seem to envelop the island.

The Zaandam followed us from Halifax to Bar Harbor. Our ship's itinerary overlapped their itinerary on these two ports of call.  That's one of our tender boats making its way ashore.

One other nice thing about this part of the trip is we're back in the USA and in the Eastern Time Zone.  Okay, now get packing!