Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Learning to sail...

As I wait to go ashore for my tour, I watch the activities in the harbor.  There's a famous sailing school in St. Pierre and Miquelon.  I see the sailboats and the folks being monitored by their instructors in boats.  The zodiac I'm to use comes from this school.



It is a great day for a little practice at sailing.

This one successfully navigated around the buoy.


My elementary French lets me know that this boat is marked "Boat School."

Either this student is being commended or reprimanded for his performance today.


It appears I'm not the only one watching a boat in the harbor.  This looks like police officials keeping an eye on our ship.

A close-up of the three officials looking at our ship.  Are these Gendarms from the local police department?