Saturday, August 6, 2022

Off to a great start…

I haven’t had time to write for the blog.  I’ve been busy with activities and completing my “side gig” from my main job of being retired.  I’ve had to finalize grades for the students in my online economics class.  They finished up on Monday before I left for the trip.  They took exams during the next three days, and I had to finalize their progress in the course.

Day 1 was a very foggy sea day.  The foghorn was constantly blowing. Day 2 was spent in Sydney, Nova Scotia.  I took a tour that included a drive along the Cabot Trail.  The highway drive was scenic, and we had several photo stops before entering the Cape Breton Highland National Park.  Lunch was included at a restaurant featured on the Canadian Food Network show “You’ve Got to Eat Here.”

The Cabot Trail is 185 miles long, so the tour only covered a portion of it during out time with the local tour guide.

Here are few of my photos from the drive.

A giant fiddle welcomes you to Sydney, Nova Scotia.  The folks call themselves "Islanders."

The view from a scenic overlook on the Cabot Trail.

Folks enjoying a very warm day at the Beach in the national park.  That's the Atlantic Ocean.

Another view from a scenic overlook on the Cabot Trail.

A view of the Cabot Highway and the Atlantic Ocean.

Another view of the Cabot Trail from Smokey Mountain.

I didn't take this shot, but it shows the part of the Cabot Trail that climbs Smokey Mountain in the Cape Breton Highlands on Breton Island, Nova Scotia.