Thursday, January 12, 2017

A sunny sea day…


Finally, we have a completely sunny day with no dark clouds on the horizon today.  It’s supposed to be the second sea day of the first week of my cruise, but it’s actually the third sea day with the missed port of call on Grand Turk.

Today was the day to celebrate the “frequent fliers” of sailing.  So, there was a reception and presentation of medallions to those with the most days of sailing.  I got a bronze medallion on my world cruise, and it will be a while before I reach the next “silver” level. 

Most of the honorees received their bronze medallions with lots of champagne. There was a platinum person on board and they have over 1000 days of cruising. 

Lunch followed and everyone collected another tile for their collection.

I now have tiles from the Westerdam, the Amsterdam, the Maasdam, the Prisendam, and the Eurodam.

It wouldn't be the Caribbean without a little steel drum music by a pool.