Saturday, January 7, 2017

Safely aboard the Eurodam…


I arrived at the Holland America terminal at Port Everglades.  There were six cruise ships, including some of the massive ones from Royal Caribbean, loading today.  People were backed up and getting in the queue for their ship.  I’m so glad that I travel on Holland America which are the smaller, mid-sized ships.  No lines… just drop your luggage and proceed to check in.

As I was waiting to board the ship in the lounge, it was interesting hearing some of the stories of folks impacted by yesterday’s incident at the FLL airport. 

Because of the incident and changes in folks’ arriving schedules, we’re leaving at 9pm instead of 4pm tonight.  That’s okay because tomorrow is a sea day, and we’ll make up any time before arriving at our first port of call. 

The day started out hot and sunny, but, as I write this, we’ve gotten a few raindrops.
I get to get on the ship first as a 4-star mariner.  Many people couldn't wait to jump into one of the two pools.

I took this from the observation deck of the Eurodam.  You can see three other cruise ships from this vantage.  Two additional were in port to load today.