Tuesday, January 24, 2017

It seems I’m more coordinated on a Segway than walking


I’m not so coordinated.  I stumble, run into walls, and, at times, lack basic walking skills.  It seems, however, I am pretty good on the Segway. 

The group took off after a few basic lessons on how to operate a Segway.  We saw some of the town and the beaches of this island.  Although it was overcast, It was fun to spend about an hour touring the island with this form of transportation on such a beautiful and flat island.

Although we were docked, you could still feel the movement of the waves onboard the ship.

It was overcast and windy when I walked ashore.  The weather improved, and some folks even took advantage of the beach.

It seems that Jimmy Buffett does serve cheeseburgers in paradise throughout the Caribbean.

Another thing off the bucket list: hey, I'm pretty good at maneuvering on a Segway.

I took this shot as I moved down the road on my Segway.  We're all lined up following the tour guide.

Grand Turk is part of the British West Indies.  The buildings are similar to those in Bermuda.



This beautiful beach once had a hotel in front of it, but it was destroyed by a hurricane.

Time to say so long to the Segway and return to the main shopping drag of the island.

It is believed that Christopher Columbus landed on Grand Turk.  We know, for sure, that John Glenn landed off the coast of Grand Turk in 1962.