Monday, January 9, 2017

Wind, rain, and sea conditions prevent our docking in Grand Turk…


😢 Well, according to the captain, the storms have followed us from the US and haven’t dissipated as he had hoped.  The wind and sea conditions prevent the ship from safely docking in Grand Turk.  So, there's another another rockin’ and rollin’ day at sea.  I’m on the 3-week version of the cruise (many folks are on the 1 or 2 week version), and I’ll have a second chance at Grand Turk later this month. 
The captain just announced that we're sailing to San Juan, Puerto Rico.  We’ll arrive early and have a little more time in the city due to the change in itinerary.  Let’s hope the storms soon dissipate. 

The bad weather has prevented me from going outside since I arrived on Saturday (last time outside was at the lifeboat drill on Saturday afternoon).  So, I took a picture this morning looking through the window at the promenade deck. 
Rough seas prevent our docking in Grand Turk.  I'll have another chance to visit later in this 3-week version of the cruise.  Safety first!
Sailing past Grand Turk, the ship now sails toward San Juan, PR.