Thursday, January 29, 2015

My clock moves forward 23 hours tonight…

I have been keeping up with the official time at various ports of call with the help of our ship’s captain (his daily announcements),  the handy daily program guide, and my iPad (the World Clock App allows six clocks running simultaneously). 

The captain informed the guests on the ship of a +23 hour time change tonight during his lunchtime announcement.  I sat down and programmed our next ports of call into my iPad, and I captured the screen as a photo to share on the blog.  We’re crossing the International Dateline at 11 PM tonight.

I’ve been running behind everyone back in South Carolina by 5 hours, and that will change tonight.  I’ll actually go to sleep on Thursday and wake up on Saturday morning.  There will be no January 30 for those on the ms Amsterdam.


If you cross the date line moving west, you add a day.  Note the variation in date between Seneca and Nuku'alofa (Tonga) when I captured this shot after lunch today (January 29).