Monday, October 29, 2018

After some time in a Chinese hospital, I’m home…

I spent three days in a private international hospital in Tianjin.  After days of infusions, a CT scan, multiple ultrasounds, and lots of antibiotics, I was deemed medically fit to travel back home for medical treatment.

The people (doctors, nurses, staff, liaisons who spoke English) were so wonderful.  They wanted a picture of me.  Before I left, they toured me around to see where the actor Chuck Norris spent his time with them (he was there over a month a few years back).

After being released from the hospital and spending a night at the Beijing Airport Hilton, I boarded the flight from Beijing to Dallas-Fort Worth.  The flight arrived about 1.5 hours late, and we were late leaving.  I missed my connecting flight, but the airlines put me up in a nearby hotel for the night. 

I arrived home on Sunday afternoon.  I’m off today for a visit with my own doctor to determine the best course of treatment of my left foot.
Here are few photos I took of my time in Tianjin and Beijing.  

LuLu is on the left.  She went to school at Loyola in Chicago.  That's a nurse beside LuLu.  The other three are MDs.  The one to my right was the one who examined and gave me news about my health through LuLu's translation.

The dietician visited me my first evening.  Western or Asian diet was his question?  I got soup, hamburger, and salad for lunch each day.  That's ketchup in the owl.  


That's a look at my hospital entry door from the 11th floor patio.
Tianjin is a booming city of skyscrapers.  My hospital room was on the 11 floor and had a courtyard for patients.

The morning sunlight glows off of the new tower being constructed.

I had a "VIP" room.  Here's the presidential hospital suite where Chuck Norris and his wife stayed for over a month.

This hospital room has its own kitchen.  Chefs prepared the meals for the Norris' during their hospital stay.

I guess listening to a grand piano in your hospital room has curative powers.

The presidential hospital suite had a hospital room and a private bedroom for the accompanying spouse.

Shower or dual person tub?  

LuLu is with 3 of the nurses who attended me.  They worked 16 hour shifts!

I was in VIP #22.  Here's the living/family room area outside my private hospital room.  Each room had a big sceen tv, but only 3 channels were in English.

Chuck Norris with the CEO (a vascular surgeon) that examined and dressed my foot on Day 1.

Chuck Norris, his wife and team of assistants with the folks who cared for them.

A look at one of the terminals at the Beijing airport from my hotel room.