Monday, October 1, 2018

Bon Voyage from the Port of Los Angeles...

It was a beautiful day.  The temperature was perfect for the sail away.  I only got a few pictures because my dinner was at the time of our departure.  I did, however, have a beautiful room as I ate dinner.  Here are a few of my shots from embarkation and the sail away.

The view of the neighborhood surrounding the port area.

My home away from home for three months.  My mom was scared I might fall off the balcony, and I assured her that wouldn't happen.


The Grand Voyages have lots of parties.  They're setting up for the sail away celebration at the Lido pool.

The port of Los Angeles has a large suspension bridge joining the two sides of the port.

The view of the sea view pool; you can see the containers in the background.  The port of Los Angeles is one of the busiest in the world.

Another view of the sea view pool at the back of the ship.

For the folks in HR:  Here's the suite that was soooo expensive.


The pilot ship is leading us out of the harbor.

People were friendly and waving as we departed.



We're getting to end of the harbor.


Out to sea... The captain said we would actually reach the Pacific Ocean at 2am.