Saturday, October 13, 2018

Arrival in Koshiro, Japan

The ship has had major issues with the internet service.  It’s sporadic and most sites cannot load.  However, the one site that loads consistently is Google (which includes Blogger on which my site is posted).  The folks in Seattle (HALs corporate offices) are supposed to dispatching a team to Japan to repair it.  We’ll see.


Here are my first shots of Kushiro, Japan.  It’s Sunday morning, and I’m waiting to disembark to do a face-to-face with Japanese Custom Officials.  I will then be off to visit several site on the island of Hokkaido.  

The view from my verandah as we dock in Kushiro

Is that a hotel?

The folks are waiting for us at the end of the gangplank.

A view of the city from the ship.

Cabins are awaiting the guests.

Another view outside of my room.