Sunday, October 7, 2018

Sailing away from Dutch Harbor, Alaska

The day had been gloomy, but the sun came out during the final hours in Dutch Harbor.  I got a few shots at 5pm, but I had to leave for my dinner seating.  I had a wonderful view of our movement to reach the Bering Sea. 

As I ate dinner with my new Canadian friends, whales were everywhere.  There were snow covered mountains, too.  I hate I didn’t get any pictures as I ate dinner (I left my camera in my cabin). 

Here are a few of my shots I took before dinner as the ship made its way out of the harbor.

Why no sunshine this morning as I ventured into town?  Well, we're exiting and it appears to be s ship graveyard.

Birds are taking advantage of the sunshine.

A family of three seals is taking a nap in the sun, too.

The ms Amsterdam is being guided out of the harbor into the Bering Strait.

Dutch Harbor was a nice little town with lots of friendly folks.  Cruise ship folks outnumbered the local folks greatly, but I bet they liked the revenue from all the items we purchased.