Thursday, February 26, 2015

Bali, Indonesia: Day 1

Here are a few of my shots from our arrival and a tour I took today (Thursday, Feb. 26).  I'll soon be off for a Balinese dance performance this evening.

A rainbow was clearly visible at our docking location as we entered the port.

Beautiful mountains (volcanoes) and black sand beaches are the norm in Bali.

Part of the tour today was to visit the monkey forest.  This mom and her children were happy to pose for me.

Here I am with the monstrously big bats found in Bali.  They eat insects so they didn't care about me being nearby.

This guy posed for me, too.  I loved that he had his feet clasped together.

Most people in Bali are Hindu (most Indonesians are Muslim), and this is the Tanah Lot Temple that "belongs" to the Indian Ocean.

We had tea and a light lunch at five star Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort.  The course is on the Indian Ocean and the caddies carry umbrellas to protect the golfers from the sun.

Another view of the Nirwana Bail Resort.

Even the fish were trying to get out of that hot mid-day sunshine.