Monday, February 2, 2015

Next stop is Auckland, New Zealand...

It’s Day 29 of my adventure around the world.  The ship is about one-fourth of the way around the world.  The next stop will be two days in Auckland, New Zealand (February 5 & 6).  This will be our first modern city since leaving the US.  The itinerary is coming to the conclusion of our various Polynesian cultures.  New Zealand has Polynesian influences with its original inhabitants, the Maori. 
 
The days on my blog posts via Blogger are now generally one-day off because of time/date change.  Today is Tuesday, February 3, 2015, but this blog will show up as being Monday, February 2.  My Fitbit that records my steps/miles per day is a bit confused, too.  When it talks with my iPad, it wants to argue about the day of the week.  Apple products typically update to the correct time zone and location pretty easily.  That’s not true for a lot of internet-based apps.

It was good to speak with my parents by phone today.  I’ve used two of my satellite phone cards, and I believe I have about seven more to use during the next three months. I chose this rather than use my high priced cell phone (which works via the ship’s systems). 


My next posts will be with pictures of New Zealand in a few days.

The ms Amsterdam is making progress across the Pacific!