Friday, February 16, 2018

A near perfect day in Armacao dos Buzios, Brazil…

I took an excursion that included a schooner ride in Armacao.  The excursion included three stops for swimming.  The boat stopped off a popular beach, a deserted island, and a remote area.  It was fun, and the water was so clear and blue-green in color.  I caught a glimpse of a few sea turtles, too.

Here are a few of my pictures of this beautiful fishing/beach village that was made popular by French actress Bridgette Bardot.

I'm glad tomorrow is a sea day to recover from my busy day in Armacao.

The local fisherman were bringing their catch to the pier when our tender arrived.

The area was green, but the cactus were growing everywhere on the rocky terrain.

This was a rock formation on an uninhabited island where we were able to swim from the boat.

The group also swam off one of the local beaches.

I took this of the folks waiting to climb back aboard.  The water was so warm and a beautiful blue-green.

This is a famous statue in the city of Armacao.  These little girls waded to the statue of the 3 fishermen to have their photo taken by their mom.

Some of the local boats and the Prisendam in the background.

Bridgette Bardot made this fishing/beach village famous.  They put up this statue, and here I am with Bridgette.

I offer not commentary on the remaining pictures.  It was a picture-perfect day!












This is another schooner similar to the one I took this morning for the swim.