Sunday, April 26, 2015

Executive Chef Daniel Hrgic’s Grand Buffet

I’ve walked a tremendous amount (see previous blog entry), but I refuse to get on scales in the Fitness Center.  The food is just too good on this cruise to pass on any meal! 

Last night one main item choice was the 22 ounce Porter House Steak.  I asked for a smaller portion because the last time I couldn’t eat the entire 22 ounces.
Today is a special day on the ms Amsterdam.  We have a cocktail party this evening with a final formal night meal.  However, the most beautiful meal of the day has to be the Grand Show Buffet at noon.
The dining staff opened the buffet for pictures only at 11am, and I’ve included a few below.  Chef Hrgic is truly amazing, and the buffet today is a feast for the eyes and the palate.  I can’t wait until noon.

Gobble, gobble ... Did anyone request turkey?
 
Just some of the bounty of the sea ... crab legs anyone?

Looks kind of like a shrimp Christmas tree!

Fowl made from squash advertise some of the meats and sausages.

I loved the birds made from squash.

It will be hard to decide which dessert to try.

... and even more desserts.  I wonder if any are sugar (and calorie) free?
A bouquet of vegetable flowers!