Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The final day (and I won shipboard credit)…

I’m using up my final minutes of internet time on this final day of the around the world cruise.  We had another cocktail party last night, and it included a recap of the ports of call we’ve visited over the past 114 days.  The captain and cruise director shared a funny video of the crew of the ship for the passengers to enjoy, too.  The crew has been outstanding. 

I got some great news last night.  If you signed up for a future cruise with HAL, you were entered into a drawing for prizes.  The grand prize for a nautical map that the ship’s navigators plotted our course with signatures.  Other prizes were handed out, too.  I won $250 of instant shipboard credit.  I never win anything so I skipped the drawing.  I was excited to get a flyer in my room announcing the prize I had won!
The ship is leaving Fort Lauderdale for the Bahamas and dry dock after we disembark tomorrow.  The ms Amsterdam is 15 years old, and they will be doing some preventive maintenance before it heads west and starts the Alaska tours in May.
 

I never win anything ... so I was shocked to get this last night before retiring for the evening.

Our location at 8am on 4/29.  We are to arrive before 7am in FLL on 4/30.  I can't wait to get home!