Thursday, July 7, 2016

A relaxing sea day…


Well, today is a relaxing sea day.  I had breakfast, read several chapters in a mystery, attended a shore excursion lecture/overview, and just finished lunch.  It’s time for a nap.

The weather in this part of the world is cool and often rainy and dreary.  According to the captain, who’s from Scotland, we’ve had unusually good weather today.  The sun is peaking out occasionally from behind the clouds.  I have my balcony door open as I write this because the brisk air feels good and the sound of the lapping waves is soothing.

I’ve run into several folks (and a few staff members) who were on the around the world cruise in 2005.  It was good to see them again.

It’s a small world.  I just had lunch with a couple from Wisconsin.  The wife’s grandfather lived in Camden, SC.  She remembers much about the area from her visits as a young girl. 

Here’s a photo my balcony (below) this afternoon.  I’m going to take a nap, and I will later have to dress for the first of three formal nights on the journey. 

The view from my balcony:  The cool weather and lapping sounds of water are relaxing on this sea day.