Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Final Day: Ceremonies and Packing

On the final day, I’ve enjoyed the view from my cabin.  It’s a day of ceremonies and packing, too. 

At 10:15 there was a celebration of 4 and 5 star Mariners.  I’m a 4-star (free laundry and priority boarding/tender, and I am a “copper” medallion member.  So, I didn’t get any award on this voyage.  The highest award beyond the platinum level (over 300 days on a ship) is the President’s Club which is for those cruisers who have over 700 days of actual cruising (no bonus credits count here).  It’s amazing how many folks qualify for this award. 

After the awards we (the 4 and 5-star folks) had the brunch in which we received our “tiles” of the ship.  When I returned to my room about noon it had been set up for packing.  Well, I’m taking a little break and then I’m going to start packing.  At least with the free laundry perk, most of my clothes are clean.
It’s been a great trip, but I’m ready to get back home!


I've enjoyed the view out my sliding glass door this morning.

The ship will be passing the White Cliffs of Dover and the Chunnel area around 7:30pm.

At the Mariner brunch or lunch you get a ship's tile to commemorate the voyage.

After the recognition brunch, the rooms had been readied for packing.

All this stuff in my walk-in closet has to fit into my three bags.

I think I'll procrastinate a little longer!