Friday, July 22, 2016

“Hey, it's good to be back home again”



As the John Denver song goes, “Hey, it's good to be back home again.”  

My flight from Philadelphia was delayed yesterday due to a “mechanical issue,” but I got home safely.  They never tell you anything as you sit and wait for the plane, but the pilot said they had an issue with one of the seats on the plane once we were loaded.  Better that than an engine.

You get better deals for future cruises when you’re on a current one.  So, I currently have two voyages in the queue for 2017 and 2018.  Now I have to save my pennies for those payment dates.

The Voyage of the Vikings is a 38 day round trip from Boston in 2017, and the ship visits many of the areas explored/inhabited by the Vikings.  So, I'm visiting cold weather areas (but in the summer) of Greenland, Iceland, the UK, and Scandinavia.

This trip I postponed from 2017 to 2018.  It is a circumnavigation of South America and a visit to Antarctica that will be 68 days in length.  I want to see Machu Picchu as part of this visit.  The ship also travels down the Amazon River.