Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Arriving in Castro, Chile

It's a beautiful morning, and I watched the sun rise as the ship made its way to anchor in Castro,
Chile.

The area reminds me of Scandinavia, and I guess it should since it's similar in climate.

My excursion today will take me outside the city to a national park in the Lakes Region on the west coast of Chiloe Island.

Here are a few of my shots from the observation deck of the ship as we make our way into the harbor.

This reminds me of Scandinavia. 

Sunrise in Castro.  You can see the nets and floats for the lobster pots.  Fishing is an important part of the local economy.


UNESCO recognizes the Churches of Castro as official sites.  This must be the "Easter Egg" church that is yellow and purple that we learned about in an earlier lecture.