Wednesday, January 3, 2018

I’m in Fort Lauderdale…

It was an interesting journey to Florida yesterday.  My 8:15am flight didn’t leave until 11am.  I’m glad the airlines gave me the heads up so I could change my flight from ATL to FLL.

The plane was on the tarmac all morning (I watched them de-ice it on this very cold morning), but there was no flight crew at GSP.  They were on their way from Atlanta. 

When we finally boarded the 8:15am Delta flight about 10:45am, there was a beeping above my head.  The flight attendant asked if I heard the beeping, too.  She then exclaimed, “oh crap.”  It turned out to be the AED device was defective (probably low batteries). 

We all promised to not have heart attacks in flight, and, if we did, many of us could do CPR.  The pilots did extra paperwork so we could fly without a working AED, and we were off. 

 I made it in plenty of time for my connecting 2pm flight in Atlanta. I even had time for a fast lunch.  The plane loaded early and it made it out of the gate on time.  It was an uneventful flight. 

I showed up at the baggage carousel in FLL, but my luggage didn’t.  It seems my bags (Delta has a baggage tracker app that works well) got on the wrong plane and were then taken off.  They had to be put back on that same plane again when it was discovered my plane was already in flight.

So, I waited around an hour for my bags to arrive on the next flight. 

I arrived at my hotel around 6pm.  It was a long, stressful day.  I ate and went to bed. 

Now I understand why they are required to have a working AED on the flight.